ARE YOU OK?
Not only people with depression, anxiety or a mental health condition can benefit from seeking mental health support.
If you are not feeling yourself, getting help as soon as possible can be good for you too.
When should you ask for help?
Here are some common signs that you may be struggling with your mental health:
- You are not enjoying the things that you used to, like hobbies, seeing friends, etc.
- You are worrying more than usual
- You have thoughts and feelings that are difficult to cope with, which are impacting on your daily life
- You are sleeping either more or less than usual
- You are eating either more or less than usual
- You are not doing well in school, college or university
- You are finding it difficult to cope with life changes, like moving house or changing schools
- Your mood has worsened, and you feel withdrawn, anxious or angry
- You may also notice physical symptoms such as headaches, stomach aches, or feeling sick.
If you are experiencing any of these, please don’t delay asking for help. There are lots of support options available.
This is how we can help
Our free counselling options offer a safe and comfortable space for you to talk about your feelings, whether it is with a professional counsellor or other people like you.
Get in touch if you think you need help
If you would like to talk to someone, or find out more about the support we can offer, our friendly staff are here for you.
Not ready to talk yet?
Asking for help isn’t always easy, and it can take time… If you are not ready to talk, you might still benefit from finding out more about how you feel.
NottAlone is a great website with loads of local mental health information and tips for young people in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
Find information, advice and where to go to get help locally if you need mental health and emotional wellbeing support, all in one place!